Here is the place to see pictures and stories about my hamsters, past and present, and hamsters in general!
Why CHEEBLE?CHEEBLE! is the cry of the enraged bull hamster. The term came into use on Genie when the unusual phenomena of Hamster Fandom started in Esther Friesner's topic. The term was invented by her son, Mike. Since then there have been 4 hamster coventions: Cheeblecon , Cheeblecon 1 1/2, Cheeblecon 2, and Cheeblecon West, all taking place at science fiction conventions. Hamster art and other paraphenalia has been showing up at cons ever since. And twice now, at Lunacon in Rye, NY a few years ago and again at Albacon '98: Hamsters over Schenectady, Esther was guest of honor, and officiall listed as Queen of Hamsters (at Lunacon she was co-GOH with Terry Pratchett). Her GOH speech was originally called "I'm really, really sorry", but was changed to "What IS IT with you people?" after seeing the response of Cheeble fans.:)
For more information, check out the web site of the Queen of Hamsters herself, Esther Friesner. Also, see the complete history of Hamster Fandom on her Frequently Asked Questions.
And now that you got this far, here is a picture of the original Airhead, once a real life hamster (and one of the best, at that), now reincarnated as my character on FurryMUCK:
I also finally managed to get a picture of my latest hamster that wasn't either blurry or too small to see, so I'll be scanning that one in one of these days (Well, one of these months, anyway)!
Or you can meet Airhead (actually me) on FurryMUCK!
Other hamster-related links:
- Complete Hamster Site
- The ultimate Hamster resource on the web.
- The Stories of George the Hamster
- History from the hamsters' point of view!
- The Hamster Dance
- O.K., I had to, but if I was I'm spelling hamster right, damnit!;) And no, that isn't Airhead singing despite any rumours to the contrary;).
- Well, it's named after Hampton Hamster so this time there's a reason;). There's an interactive version and other fun hamster stuff.
- Hamster Blast: A Parody
- Hey, no REAL hamsters got hurt;).
- Dan and Steve's Hamster Dance Death Page
- O.K., maybe this one's going a little too far.;) Chip n' Dale fans also might want to avoid this one.
- Hamster Borg Site
- Dancing is Futile
- The Christmas Hampster Dance
- At least you can choose the music on this one:).
- Hambone the Hamster Freebies for Kids
- Mainly links, but with a cute hamster rating system
This page maintained by Sharan Volin, firstname.lastname@example.org. Last updated: 10/29/03